Some links below take you to MinnesotaHelp.info listings – you can further narrow your results by using the Filters on the left side of the screen when viewing the results.
- Assisted Living
- Subsidized Housing for Seniors
Independent Living for Older Adults
Market rate housing designed for older adults. No supportive services.
Options CounselingCall the Senior Linkage Line at (800) 333-2433 to discuss your situation and housing options. Staff will provide you with a verification code will be provided at the end of the conversation.
Help to Stay in your Home
TransportationLook for Senior Ride Programs and other Door-to-Door options.
- Home Care These agencies provide health services and assistive tasks.
- Medical Emergency Response Systems These medical alert tools are designed to signal if help is needed. Older adults or people with disabilities that live alone often wear them.
- Homemaker These include services that provide light housekeeping, such as meal preparation, routine tasks, help with arranging transportation and informal emotional support.
- Home Delivered Meals Get meals delivered to your home.
Chore ServicesProviders in MinnesotaHelp.info offer a variety of payment options. Some offer lower cost services. Use the Payment filters on the left side of the screen to narrow results. MinnesotaHelp generally includes chore services, such as those listed below, that often people who are aging can no longer easily complete. MinnesotaHelp generally does not include services that people often hire out at all points in their life, such as plumbers or electricians.
- Winter Clothing
- Holiday Programs – Gifts and Meals
- Tax Help – Free or Low-Cost
- Help Paying Utility Bills Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs.
- Weatherization Assistance Helps low-income homeowners and renters to reduce energy costs
- Friendly Visiting Companionship programs for people who may be socially isolated or have difficulty leaving their homes.
Popular Statewide and Nationwide Resources
- Alzheimer’s Helpline Call for help with dementia-related questions.
- Direct Support Connect Connect with direct support workers (personal care assistants or PCAs).
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and Minnesota State Bar Association Search for attorneys who specialize in elder law.
- Juniper and Wellconnect Search for healthy aging classes.
- HB101 Places Look for vacancies and payment options for some forms of supportive housing.
Covid-19 Support for Older Adults, Caregivers, and People with Disabilities
- MN Covid-19 Response Resources Topics include worker support, food support, mental health, housing support, older adults, childcare support and more.
- Senior LinkAge Line 800-333-2433 The Senior LinkAge Line can help you find the information, services and help you need.
- Minnesota Ombudsman for Long-term Care 800-657-3591 If you have concerns about the health, safety, well-being or rights of someone receiving long-term care, the ombudsman can help.
- Disability Hub MN 1-866-333-2466
- Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) 1-844-880-1574 MAARC can help if you, or someone you know, is being mistreated or neglected.