Workforce Development, Inc. (WDI)
Workforce Development, Inc. - Wabasha
222 Main St W, Wabasha, MN, 55981
Distance: 976 Miles
Employment preparation and career training program that provides experience or vocational education for the work associated with a certain type of job
Offers technical training and on-the-job training to learn new skills to move into a new career
|Toll Free||(800) 657-5105|
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Albert Lea 2200 Riverland Dr, Albert Lea, MN, 56007
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Austin 1600 8th Ave NW, Austin, MN, 55912
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Caledonia 110 E Grove St, Caledonia, MN, 55921
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Faribault 201 Lyndale Ave S, Ste 1, Faribault, MN, 55021
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Kasson 504 S Mantorville Ave, Ste 4, Kasson, MN, 55944
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Owatonna 1850 Austin Rd, Ste 102, Owatonna, MN, 55060
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Preston 100 Main St SE, Preston, MN, 55965
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Red Wing 1606 W 3rd St, Red Wing, MN, 55066
- Workforce Development, Inc. - Rochester 2070 College View Rd E, Rochester, MN, 55904
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
ND-2000.3480Job Retraining Definition
Programs that provide training that is designed to enable employees to perform a job that their previous training has not equipped them for or to adapt to changes in the workplace. Retraining may be needed when new methods or equipment are introduced or when jobs for which employees have trained are phased out. It may also be provided by employers or governments for employees who have been laid off and are no longer able to find employment using the skills they already possess. The need for retraining may arise because of a decline in a particular industry sector or because of rapid technological change.
ND-2000.3500Job Training Formats Definition
Programs that offer apprenticeships, training through business practice firms, classroom training, internships, on-the-job training, work experience or other formats for training that prepares people for specific types of employment. The training may feature formal instruction in an institutional classroom setting, hands-on experience at a job site under varying arrangements or a combination of the two as the means by which trainees acquire the skills required to perform the job.
ND-6500.1860Displaced Worker Employment Programs Definition
Programs that provide vocational assessment, job development, job training, job search, job placement, specialized job situations and/or other supportive services for individuals who are unable to continue in a particular job, industry or profession because the needs of society have changed and the person's skills are no longer required. Included are services for people who have been permanently laid off because of plant closings, outsourcing of jobs to other countries, reductions in the work force, declines in business activities and other factors in situations where reemployment within their industry is unlikely.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YL-3500.1910Displaced Workers Definition
Individuals who are unable to continue in a particular job, industry or profession because the needs of society have changed and the person's skills are no longer required.