Community Work - Rochester
640 Orchid Ln, Rochester, MN, 55904
Distance: 979 Miles
Prevocational Services are designed to prepare persons for paid employment. Prevocational services teach general work skills and concepts rather than specific work skills for a particular job.
About This Location
Activities included with this service teach the skills necessary for a person to gain greater independence. It teaches skills like:
* Attention span
* Motor skills
* Problem solving
* Task completion
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Under the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) settings rule, tiered standards will be added to prevocational services as of January 1, 2021 or upon federal approval. The tiered standards mean:
* People who received prevocational services (including prevocational services under day training & habilitation services) before January 1, 2021 can continue to receive prevocational services without a time limit
* People who have NEVER received prevocational services and are new to the service on or after January 1, 2021, can only use prevocational services for 3 years (or 36 months)
For more information about the tiered standards and Home and Community Based Services settings transition rule, please visit the HCBS settings website and the HCBS settings rule statewide transition plan.
If you have disability waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Community Living - Rochester 640 Orchid Ln, Rochester, MN, 55904
- Opportunity Services - Anoka County (Aberdeen) 11990 Aberdeen St NE, Ste 2, Blaine, MN, 55449
- Opportunity Services - Anoka County (Coon Rapids) 2381 Coon Rapids Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433
- Opportunity Services - Dodge County 202 5th St SE, Kasson, MN, 55944
- Opportunity Services - Goodhue County 1618 W 3rd St, Red Wing, MN, 55066
- Opportunity Services - Olmsted County 1052 4th St NE, Byron, MN, 55920
- Opportunity Services - Scott and Carver County 8600 Eagle Creek Cir, Savage, MN, 55378
- Opportunity Services - Washington County 1795 Woodlane Dr, Woodbury, MN, 55125
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
ND-2000.6600Prevocational Training Definition
Programs that provide individual and group instruction and/or counseling for individuals with disabilities (including mental health issues) who need to develop physical and emotional tolerance for work demands and pressures; acquire personal-social behaviors that will allow them to get along with employers and co-workers on the job; and develop the basic manual, academic and communications skills that are needed to acquire basic job skills.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.