Neighbors In Action
333 Main St, La Crescent, MN, 55947
Distance: 936 Miles
Rides to access waiver services, employment, and community activities, services and resources for people on a waiver or Alternative Care (AC) program, when other transportation is not available.
Rides are provided by volunteers in their own vehicles to doctors appointments and for errands.
Service area may depend on driver availability. Call for more information.
About This Location
Covered services include rides to:
* Meet the needs and preferences as written in the person's support plan
* Waiver services when the rate for the waiver service does not include transportation
The following are non-covered transportation services:
* Transportation to health care services available through Medical Assistance (MA) state plan services
* Transportation when alternate transportation is available free of charge, (such as through family, neighbors, friends, or community agencies)
Non-covered services for a personal vehicle include:
* Any payment beyond negotiated mileage or trip reimbursement
* Reimbursement to a person for the purpose of transporting self or the use of their own vehicle
Learn more about this waiver service in the Community-Based Services Manual.
If you have waiver funding, the support plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
Area Served by County
- Houston County
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- African American Community
- LGBTQ Community
- Older adults
Waiver Service Specialties
- Billed by One-Way Trip
Rides should be requested at least 48 hours in advance.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Companion Services
- Caregiver Consultant
- Chore Services (Waiver)
- Errand Running and Shopping - Care Partners
- Home Safety
- Homemaker Services
- House Cleaning - Care Partners
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS) without Training
- Medical Equipment or Assistive Technology Loan Program
- Snow Removal
- Yard Work
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.6500-170Disability Related Transportation Definition
Programs that provide door-to-door (or curb-to-curb) transportation for purposes of shopping, banking, social events, medical appointments, getting to and from work, and similar activities for people with disabilities who need special accommodations and are unable to utilize other available means of transportation. Also included are programs that provide transportation for youngsters with disabilities who have no other means of accessing necessary specialized services and activities. Some but not all vehicles used for this purpose are equipped with wheelchair lifts.
BT-4500.6500-800Senior Ride Programs Definition
Programs that provide door-to-door (or curb-to-curb) transportation for purposes of medical appointments, shopping, banking, social events, and other similar activities for older adults who need special accommodations and are unable to utilize other available means of transportation.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
YH-6000.0250African American Community Definition
Americans of Black African descent who identify themselves as African American through a common cultural heritage and experience.
Individuals who are former members of one of the branches of the armed forces and who, by length and type of services, honorable discharge or release or degree of disability, qualify for the benefits and privileges that are provided by law for ex-servicemen and women.
YT-2400LGBTQ2+ Individuals Definition
People who identify as part of the gender and sexually expansive community that includes people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirit, queer, pansexual, intersex, asexual, bigender, genderqueer, third gender, pangender, nonbinary, gender nonconforming, agender or allied, or who are in the process of coming out or questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity.