Minnesota Department of Human Services Direct Care and Treatment Community, Residential and Vocational Services
MSOCS - Summerset
Call for location
Prevocational Services are designed to prepare persons for paid employment. Prevocational services teach general work skills and concepts rather than specific work skills for a particular job.
Minnesota State Operated Community Services (MSOCS) are services run directly by the state of Minnesota. MSOCS provides residential and vocational support services for people with disabilities.
About This Location
Activities included with this service teach the skills necessary for a person to gain greater independence. It teaches skills like:
* Attention span
* Motor skills
* Problem solving
* Task completion
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Under the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) settings rule, tiered standards will be added to prevocational services as of January 1, 2021 or upon federal approval. The tiered standards mean:
* People who received prevocational services (including prevocational services under day training & habilitation services) before January 1, 2021 can continue to receive prevocational services without a time limit
* People who have NEVER received prevocational services and are new to the service on or after January 1, 2021, can only use prevocational services for 3 years (or 36 months)
For more information about the tiered standards and Home and Community Based Services settings transition rule, please visit the HCBS settings website and the HCBS settings rule statewide transition plan.
If you have disability waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
- Brainerd Community Support Services (CSS) Call for location, MN
- East Metro Community Resources 4225 White Bear Pkwy, Ste 19, St. Paul, MN, 55110
- Metro Community Support Services (CSS) Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - 3rd Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Airpark Products and Services 4619 Airpark Blvd, Duluth, MN, 55811
- MSOCS - Cambridge 140 Buchanan St N, Ste 178, Cambridge, MN, 55008
- MSOCS - Cannon River Enterprises Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Cass Lake Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Cloquet 707 Highway 33 S, Ste 8, Cloquet, MN, 55720
- MSOCS - East Metro Community Resource 360 Larpenteur Ave W, Roseville, MN, 55113
- MSOCS - Elbow Lake NE Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Grand Rapids Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Greenhouse Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Highland Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Hillcrest Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Ilex 12097 Ilex St NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55448
- MSOCS - Mahnomen Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Middle River Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Nuvision 1004 1st St S, Willmar, MN, 56201
- MSOCS - OCR Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Parkview II 1311 2nd St NW, Austin, MN, 55912
- MSOCS - Pike Lake Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Prestwick Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Quality Enterprises 8055 Industrial Park Rd, Baxter, MN, 56425
- MSOCS - Richfield 4th Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Scott Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Shady Grove Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - St. Peter 622 S Front St, St. Peter, MN, 56082
- MSOCS - Virginia Community Resources 230 1st St S, Ste 102, Virginia, MN, 55792
- MSOCS - Voice 8053 Industrial Park Rd, Baxter, MN, 56425
- MSOCS - Waves 2200 23rd St NE, Ste 2050, Willmar, MN, 56201
- MSOCS - West Concord Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - West Metro Community Resource 701 Decatur Ave N, Golden Valley, MN, 55427
- MSOCS - White Bear Lake Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Windfield Call for location, MN
- MSOCS - Woodcrest 1 Call for location, MN
- North Metro Community Resources 9237 E River Rd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433
- State Operated Services Support Division - St. Paul Office at DHS 444 Lafayette Rd, St. Paul, MN, 55155
- West Metro Community Resource - Eden Prairie 7667 Equitable Dr, Eden Prairie, MN, 55344
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
ND-2000.6600Prevocational Training Definition
Programs that provide individual and group instruction and/or counseling for individuals with disabilities (including mental health issues) who need to develop physical and emotional tolerance for work demands and pressures; acquire personal-social behaviors that will allow them to get along with employers and co-workers on the job; and develop the basic manual, academic and communications skills that are needed to acquire basic job skills.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.