Minnesota Department of Education
Minnesota Resource Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
1500 Highway 36 W, Roseville, MN, 55113
Distance: 1063 Miles
Information and resources for families and educators to help meet the educational needs of children and youth who have hearing loss.
Service available include:
* Minnesota Skills Checklist - under Resources
* Placement and readiness testing for children with hearing loss -under Resources
* Information about interpreters for the deaf
* Deaf and Hard of Hearing library
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Information and Support - Students with Disabilities
- Mediation - Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) for Special Education
- Minnesota Office of Indian Education
- Online School Choice Information
- Resource Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (BVI)
- School, District, and Educational Organization Directories
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
FT-8000.8000Special Education Advocacy Definition
Programs that work to ensure that children and youth with disabilities receive a free, appropriate, public education often by providing assistance for parents who need support in seeking and obtaining needed early intervention, educational, medical or therapeutic services for their children.
Partial or complete hearing loss, generally in the severe to profound range, that is present at birth or occurs later in life. Functionally, individuals who are termed "deaf" are unable to hear well enough to rely on their hearing and use it as a means of processing information.
YG-8000.8000Students With Disabilities Definition
Students who have physical, sensory, developmental, cognitive, mental or emotional limitations which may affect their educational performance, their mobility or their ability to communicate.
YZ-8290Special Education Issues Definition
Programs that provide information and/or services that deal with the topic of special education.