Help At Your Door
Help At Your Door - Golden Valley
8441 Wayzata Blvd, Ste 160, Golden Valley, MN, 55426
Distance: 1442 Miles
Grocery store or grocery shopping assistance service provider that delivers food to your home. The service is available to people who are unable to go to the store, or for those who prefer to have groceries delivered.
Grocery assistance includes:
* Orders can be placed online or over the phone
* Delivery of groceries and help with putting items away
At Home Services
- Grocery shopping assistance
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Sliding fee scale
- Title III
- Older adults
This service is for homebound seniors who can no longer get to the store, or lift and carry grocery and household items.
* Clients must be age 60 or older and living within the 7-county metro area to register with Help At Your Door
* Clients need to be able to communicate their grocery order over the phone, working with a volunteer order taker
* Must be home to accept the grocery delivery on delivery day between the hours of 10:00am - 3:00pm
* Pay for the groceries and delivery by check or credit/debit card or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) at time of delivery
This service accepts Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) on Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards and private pay.
* Sliding scale fee based on household size and income
Accepts waiver payments including Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI), Elderly waiver, and alternative care waivers
8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Twin Cities Metro area
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BD-2400.2590Grocery Ordering/Delivery Definition
Food markets that accept online and/or telephone orders and deliver food and household supplies to the homes of people who are unable to go out and shop on their own behalf or who prefer to have their groceries delivered. Also included are food pantries that deliver the food to people with illnesses, disabilities, transportation issues or other extenuating circumstances which prevent them from picking it up; and programs that place online orders for older adults, people with disabilities and individuals who are struggle with using a computer or have no Internet access.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
YC-2000Food Stamps/SNAP Recipients Definition
Low-income individuals and families who have been issued an electronic benefits transfer (EBT) "debit" card by the federal Food Stamp/SNAP program which they can use as a means of payment in grocery stores, farmers markets, restaurants and other food outlets to pay for food.
YF-2000Frail Elderly Definition
Older adults who have a condition that affects their independence and places them at future risk of needing a higher level of care than is currently required.
Individuals are unable to leave their homes because of illness, disability or frailty.