Family Service Rochester
Chore Services (Waiver)
Family Service Rochester - Main Office
4600 18th Ave NW, Rochester, MN, 55901
Distance: 1402 Miles
Chore Services include help to keep your home clean, sanitary, and safe. These services are more heavy-duty than homemaker services.
Skilled volunteers offer help for:
* Minor household maintenance and repair
- Grab bar installation
- Changing batteries in smoke alarms
- Changing light bulbs
- Minor plumbing
- Ramp installation
- Window washing
* Light carpentry
* Yard work
- Leaf raking
- Shrub trimming
- Garden clean-up
* Light housekeeping
- Dusting and surface cleaning
- Floor mopping
* Grocery shopping
* Running errands
* Pet care
* Snow removal
- Will provide snow-blowers and shovels if client cannot provide
About This Location
* Dumpster rental or refuse disposal
* Extermination and pest control
* General indoor and outdoor home maintenance - snow removal, lawn care, etc.
* Grocery delivery
* Heavy household chores - securing loose rugs, washing floors, windows and walls
* Moving or removing large household items and heavy appliances in order to provide safe access to and exit from the home
* Packing the person's belongings
* Rearranging or securing household items in order to prevent injuries or falls
If you have waiver, Alternative Care (AC) or Essential Community Supports (ECS) program funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver or program
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, AC or ECS program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Area Served by County
- Olmsted County
- Rice County
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
- Title III
- Older adults
Age 60 and older
Sliding scale fee
Olmsted and Rice counties
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-3300.1800Errand Running/Shopping Assistance Definition
Programs that offer the services of individuals who are available to make short trips to purchase groceries, pick up prescriptions, withdraw or deposit money in the bank, drop off or retrieve laundry and do other small tasks for older adults, people with disabilities and other individuals who cannot leave their homes or are otherwise unable or prefer not to perform these tasks for themselves.
PH-3300.2750Home Maintenance and Minor Repair Services Definition
Programs that provide assistance for people who need to do routine maintenance on their homes or make minor repairs.
PH-3300.3100Housekeeping Assistance Definition
Programs that offer the services of workers who go into people's homes and help with house cleaning chores.
PH-3300.6900Residential Snow Shoveling Definition
Programs that provide or pay for the removal of snow from the front sidewalks and driveways of people who need or want this service. In some jurisdictions, residents are required to keep the sidewalk in front of their homes clear of ice and snow as a safety precaution.
PH-3300.9750-450General Yard Work Definition
Programs that pay for or provide leaf raking, lawn care (including mowing, hedging and weeding) and general yard cleanup services (including trash and other debris removal) for people who need or want assistance.
YH-6000.0250African American Community Definition
Americans of Black African descent who identify themselves as African American through a common cultural heritage and experience.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.
Individuals who are former members of one of the branches of the armed forces and who, by length and type of services, honorable discharge or release or degree of disability, qualify for the benefits and privileges that are provided by law for ex-servicemen and women.