Catholic Charities Children's Services Division
Hope Street Shelter
1121 E 46th St, Minneapolis, MN, 55407-3586
Distance: 1040 Miles
Temporary place to stay for homeless youth who have run away or are at risk in their homes
About This Location
Hope Street Emergency Shelter: 28-bed shelter for youth, 30-day average stay, longer stays available if needed, basic needs; food, shelter, clothing, laundry with on-site medical care.
* Crisis counseling and support, case management, mental health and chemical dependency counseling, Independent Living Skills training , one-to-one educational assistance, assessment to determine possibility of re-unification with family/friends.
* The shelter meets basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing and medical care. Staff assess the feasibility of re-unification with family or placement with friends. If neither is an option, staff work to move the person to more permanent living arrangements
Located in south Minneapolis, provides emergency shelter and intensive case management services for youth and young adults experiencing homelessness ages 18 - 20 escaping abusive living situations or street life. The shelter meets basic needs such as food, shelter, clothing and medical care. Staff assess the feasibility of re-unification with family or placement with friends. If neither is an option, staff work to move the person to more permanent living arrangements.
* 28-bed shelter for young adults age 18-20
* 30-day average stay, but longer stay available if needed
* Basic needs (food, shelter, clothing, laundry, on-site medical attention)
* Crisis counseling and support
* Case management
* Mental health and chemical dependency counseling
* Independent Living Skills training
* One-to-one educational assistance
* Assessment to determine possibility of re-unification with family/friends
- Assistance with community resources
St. Joe's Emergency Shelter - children ages birth - 17
Hope Street Emergency Shelter - Youth and young adults experiencing homelessness ages 18 - 20
Shelter for children 17 and under, call (612) 204-8250
Shelter for youth and young adults, call (612) 204-8211
St. Joseph's Emergency Shelter- children are often referred by Hennepin County First Response. Referrals from other counties are also welcome. Call (612) 204-8250.
Twin Cities Metro area
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-1800.1500-700Runaway/Youth Shelters Definition
Programs that provide temporary emergency shelter for children and youth who have run away from or have been pushed out of their homes or who are acting out and at risk for abuse pending return to their own families or suitable alternative placement. Such facilities usually provide in-house individual, group and family counseling and the full range of other secondary services related to runaways including referral to appropriate resources.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YJ-0500.0500At Risk Youth Definition
Youth who, because of their economic, environmental or family situation, a health problem or disability or past behavior, are considered more likely than others to be affected by or become involved in child abuse or neglect, substance abuse, juvenile delinquency, gang behavior, adolescent pregnancy, truancy, unemployment and other problems which threaten their health, safety and/or personal development.
YV-3000.8000Homeless Youth Definition
Children or adolescents who have been abandoned by the adults responsible for their care or who have left their homes without notice or parental consent and who have no fixed place of residence.