Anoka County Community Action Program, Inc. (ACCAP)
1201 89th Ave NE, Ste 345, Blaine, MN, 55434
Distance: 955 Miles
Staff or volunteers answer questions or talk confidentially with callers. Program can provide information, a sympathetic listener, advice and/or referrals to other resources.
Senior Information Line is a phone service specifically designed to connect older persons or their family members to community resources.
* Anyone may call for information regarding housing, support, transportation, chore services, or any other need.
- Community Action Partnership
- Private pay
- Older adults
8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
There is no fee for the service
|Main||(763) 783-4747 Ext: 4851|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Case Management - Senior Outreach
- Energy Assistance Program
- Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota (FAIM)
- Foreclosure Avoidance Counseling
- Help Paying for Basic Needs
- Home Repair and Maintenance - Chores and More
- Homemaker Services - Chores and More
- Privately Owned Affordable Housing
- Snow Removal - Chores and More
- Yard Work - Chores and More
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
Programs that offer a telephone service that enables people who are troubled to talk confidentially about their personal problems with an empathetic listener. These programs are often staffed by volunteers who can offer referrals for ongoing treatment, if needed.
TJ-3000.8000Specialized Information and Referral Definition
Programs that maintain information about community resources that are appropriate for a specific target group or human services sector (for example, youth programs or addiction services) and which link individuals who are in need of specialized services with appropriate resources and/or which provide information about community agencies and organizations that offer specialized services.